Tuesday, January 26, 2010

flop


one dinner from last week was the pioneer woman's chicken pot pie . it was a big flop mostly because it was very, very dry. i did not use wine (which was optional) only because i didn't have any available so that could be part of the reason. i also used 4 celery stalks instead of 2, a whole chicken instead of just 2 cups and i eliminated peas since half of the family doesn't like them...well, there you are, that's the reason it was dry. i guess i'll have to try it again and stick to the exact measurements. it probably would have been okay with more flavor and moisture. i'll play around with it a few more times to see if it gets better. otherwise, i'll just have my husband make his (which is pretty darn good).

2 comments:

  1. I don't like the pioneer woman's recipes and I don't like her. My mother in law made 3 dishes one time and I didn't like any of them. I think that the pioneer woman is phony. She says she homeschools all her kids. Yeah, right! Homeschooling is a full time job, yet she gets time to do everything else, and perfectly. I don't buy it! Sorry, if I seem negative about her, but that's what I feel.
    I love seeing all your recipes and photos of your food. Everything (except the pioneer woman's recipes) seem so delicious! Way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete

Followers