Wednesday, November 25, 2009

seriously, what is my problem

my brother introduced me to bejeweled on facebook and within seconds i was addicted. seriously. i love bejeweled...from way back. when i bought my first computer (in the 90's, a mac), bejeweled was the one game included in the system. i used to play it all the time. that was before marriage and before kids so it wasn't so bad. i'm now 35 (as you know), married, with kids. what the hell am i doing wasting time playing bejeweled? my husband came home from work last night and stared, with his mouth open and finger pointing, at the tv. the tv had been given a lovely makeover in orange and red crayon, courtesy of our lovely 20montholdish daughter. we have one of the flat panel/screen, lcd things that's fairly new. i couldn't explain it because i didn't even know it was there and i had no idea when it happened. must have been when i put on yo gabba gabba so i could try to beat the high score in bejeweled (nope, i wouldn't dare do such a thing). all i have to say is, thank goodness i buy washable crayons and thank goodness for the screen cleaning gel and soft cloth. and thank goodness for late morning naps so i can blog about it.


bejeweled has clearly taken up most of my free time. i am way behind on my hat/scarf order. i have now made the second hat. that's two out of four hats done and zero scarves. actually, i wish i could blame it all on bejeweled, but i really can't. i blame it on my ocd tendencies. i started with orange and i scrapped the first hat because i thought it was boring. i had my husband teach me a new stitch and i made a second orange hat. i then made a purple hat only to discover the purple was not the right color and it was too thick. i moved on to green and discovered the green was just wrong. so i had to search high and low for a new purple and green yarn and start over. in between all this, i started on the scarves and found that the new stitch doesn't work on a flat scarf and the old stitch looks lame with only one strand of yarn. so, here i am, way behind on my very first order. ugh.

thankfully, my dear friend a sends me great things to look at. check this stuff out:

divine, handmade, barbie outfits at suesdolls.
very cool trashbags and tissue holders by Allyson Hill
cute clutches and totes by Simbiosis
and, my absolute favorite, little magnets by Funky Recycling (my order has been placed)

5 comments:

  1. I just love you! You are so funny! I totally get what you are saying. I have a major OCD and that's one of the resons why I could never sell anything on Etsy. I would never be able to fullfill my orders! I think I would have to say: no special orders available. Ha, ha... I would only be able to sell what I already made, otherwise, I would never finish anything. Ha, ha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops! Couple of misspelled words in my previous comment - "reason" and "fulfill". :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, I love your hat! I made a few last year, with a flower on the side. I should make more... But...today is not a good day to start. It's kind of a bad day today. Maybe I should listen to your CD. It might make me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What did you order from Funky Recycling? I'd love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I keep reading your blog on my phone, but I have a hard time commenting from there. TOO FUNNY about the tv. It's so good not to be alone. He's now eaten all of the marker tips out of the markers. Oh well.

    love love love the hat. YOu're on to a future making a million on Etsy, I can feel it.

    ReplyDelete

Followers