i always rant and rave about growing my own food, having a nice yard, a good place to entertain, etc, yet i never do anything about it. i sit here thinking about all the possibilities and then i become overwhelmed. i tell myself every excuse in the book, the best one being that i just don't have a green thumb. well...here's to operation: green thumb. pursue is my word, right? that's what i'm doing. wish me luck.
so far, i have planted lettuce, red bell peppers, green beans, basil, cilantro and italian leaf parsley. i also have sunflowers sprouting and we are attempting to grow (from seeds) pumpkins and cucumbers. my chore list is long but i'm learning that yard work is so relaxing and incredibly rewarding.
I was just at Target today, in the garden center looking at herb garden materials. Sadly, I walked away with nothing, thinking I have no green thumb. So this post is good timing!! I might just do it after all!
ReplyDeleteAWESOME! I always avoid it and then enjoy it so much when I do it. Keep me posted! so fun!
ReplyDeleteWendy...I bought most of my stuff at Target. Such great deals and very convenient. You should totally do it. I read the herbs should be purchased as plants and then replanted...not from seeds. That might help. They grow fast. I snip, eat, snip, eat and I always have new growth. Love it!
ReplyDelete