operation: green thumb
so, our garden is just lovely. we actually added on so we have two lovely plots. i am obsessed and i go out to check my little plants three times a day...morning, noon and evening. they say a watched pot never boils but it's totally opposite with plants. they are growing like crazy. and they're so slick. i can go out one evening and just see a plant, then i go back out in the morning and see a flowering plant, then in the afternoon the flower has closed. it's truly amazing and so much fun to watch. i especially love the kids' reaction to the new growth. they ooh and aah right along with me. i don't recall being invited to garden with the folks when i was a kid...not sure i would have cared enough to participate. i'm so glad we have taken this project on as a family because it's definitely bringing us closer together in ways i never even considered.
ps: if you are scared to start a garden because you don't think you have a green thumb, i recommend starting with a squash. this little sucker has quadrupled in size. we have about six flowers which will become the squash very soon. this plant has also withstood several moves in the garden. it's quite hearty.
Hi Jovita--I saw you (from Facebook, of course) had a blog, too! Love it, and of course, I love your garden! It looks beautiful. The squash family is crazy. I only plant one or two plants now because they yield so much that we couldn't eat it all. I was literally chopping it up and feeding my dogs on it last year. Turns out, the hounds love zucchini and carrots! I can't wait to see all the food you get. :) You're an awesome photographer, too. Wish my pictures came out looking that great....
ReplyDeleteamazing! and i love that your kiddos are enjoying right along with you! p.s. have you ever made stuffed squash blossoms? delish.
ReplyDeleteI have never had stuffed squash blossoms. Sounds yumm-o. Do you have a recipe? I'll do a search online but if you have a good one, feel free to share. :)
ReplyDelete