Friday, November 6, 2009

happy birthday to me

i am officially thirty-five. thirty-five. it sounds old, doesn't it? when i think of my mom, i usually think of her at thirty-five. that's me now. thankfully, i don't feel as old as it sounds. i actually feel younger than i normally do...woo-hoo.

anyway, the entrance to my thirties was marked by sadness and grief so i thought i needed something new and exciting to mark the halfway point. hence, the new blog. i tend to be a bit carefree and i live in semi-organized chaos so that's what you'll find here...me, jumping from topic to topic from one obsession to the next.

so what am i obsessed with today? alexander henry fabrics.specifically, the pink yui kokeshi dolls print. love it! i bought this skirt today for my SweetPea and then i scoured the internet for more fabric because it's simply irresistible.

oh, and of course, bob dylan's christmas album because who can really resist bob? and who can resist helping to feed america?

and finally, the birthday card from my mom because i am one of those people still seeking "mom's approval." Here is what the inside says:

I used to take care
of your every need,
now I see you
doing the same
for your child.

And I realize,
all at once,
our roles in life
are changing.

I know you can do it all,
you're my strong,
independent girl,
but I want you to know
I will always be here
whenever you need me.

I Love You.
Happy Birthday
Mom

xxxooo
(a Carlton Cards card)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday!! Love the new blog! And of course you're seeking mom's approval. Everyone with a golden heart does until they die. I love that card.

    I'll follow the link to the skirt. I'm quite positive I'll love it.

    ReplyDelete

Followers